Jan 15, 2010

Here it goes!!

Hello hello!!! Today has been quite a busy day. Between two sick little boys, trying to keep my older one from attacking the baby and picking up the family room about 8 times, I'm surprised I managed to cook myself a few healthy meals in between. So, I thought I would share a couple with you because they were delicious & very Weight Watchers friendly.











So, this was my breakfast and man was it wonderful!!! I used Trader Joe's Steel Cut Oats from the freezer section although I still prefer the ones you make on the stove. Then, I sliced a small banana on top, sprinkled a bunch of cinnamon (did you know it's a natural appetite suppressant?), added 1 1/2 tsp of mini chocolate chips and served with a 1/2 TB of reduced fat Skippy Peanut Butter. It felt like a slice of heaven and it was a reasonable 5 points. Not to mention it held me until lunch = )

Then, for a mid afternoon snack I had my favorite blended beverage...my "Good Morning Sunshine" smoothie! Only 3 points might I add.






Here's the recipe:

Good Morning Sunshine

1/2 cup sliced frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1 cup of orange juice
1 handful of spinach (yes, spinach!)

Add all ingredients to the blender, mix, pour into your favorite cup & enjoy!!! 
 Really try it, it's so good...don't let the spinach fool you.



Anyways, here's to hoping my boys get over this roller coaster of sickness they have been on since Thanksgiving so we can rejoin society!!

No comments:

Post a Comment